Monday, September 16, 2013

Speaking of Making......


About four years ago, I went through a real career crisis. After discovering the blogosphere and all of the amazingly talented people making their livings through sewing, knitting and designing, I felt that I had truly taken the wrong path in my professional life.

And while I aspire to do something more creative in my future,  I have come full circle in appreciating my background and what I've accomplished in the first ten+ years since college. And while I do sit behind a desk (god forbid!), I know there is still so much to learn and discover where I am right now as well as making moves to where I would like to be in the future. It is so true that our paths unfold in strange, beautiful and unexpected ways, don't they? We just have to let them unfold. 

So even though I might not make my living creating beautiful things, that doesn't mean I don't create :). So speaking of making, I just passed a milestone! I've been knitting for about 10 years and for the most part have really stuck to scarves and hats. However, I've just started to venture into garment making and I'm happy to announce that I recently completed the first piece that I will be able to wear! Hooray!

I used the gorgeous Boardwalk pattern from Brooklyn Tweed and I think it turned out ok! 



p.s. I'm looking forward to fall clothes! 

Top photo from Brooklyn Tweed bottom two via Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment