Sunday, April 15, 2012

Dinner for eight


I have a very stressful habit of ALWAYS trying new and somewhat complex recipes when we have dinner parties. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But no matter what it creates a bit of kitchen anxiety before and while the guests are here. 


I had seen this amazing roasted chicken recipe from Roost over on A Cup of Joe and I knew I had to try it. Although I have never roasted a chicken in my life, this was absolutely the most stress-free attempt at a new recipe I ever made for a dinner party... and people loved it! Much better than some of my other attempts over the past year, (would you like some wax paper with that fajita?) 


Caitlin at Roost suggests a very yummy looking cauliflower mash and lemon-caper gremolata which looks fantastic. This recipe will certainly have a second, stress-free act at our next get together. 




P.S. Eric went fishing the day before the party and caught an amazing trout, so we had fresh fish as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment