Thursday, November 3, 2011

Sverige



Monday afternoon, I returned from about a week long trip to Sweden and England. It was somewhat of a whirlwind trip for work but I did get one glorious day to walk around Stockholm. I have wanted to get to Sweden for a while and to be honest, the time there was way too short. I really hope I can make it back someday soon. Here are just a few of the photos I snapped in Sweden...England up next.  



The number of beautiful little cafes in Gamla Stan and Sodermalm is just amazing! 


The design and architecture was one of my absolute favorite things there. 




Beautiful markets with fall/winter flowers everywhere. 



City bikes for hire. Biking is HUGE here. I couldn't get over it. It made my determined to get out more on the Chicago streets. The city is actually starting a program similar to this in the spring 2012. 



 I was not sure if this was actually taking a picture ;)




This was the scene on a foggy Tuesday morning from the train station at Uppsala going to Stockholm. There must have been 2,000 bikes parked here for the commuters taking the train into the city. My jaw dropped when I saw this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment