Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Doing it all


Falling into the perfection trap is a slippery slope. The things you fill your life are theoretically the ones that make you happy right? Well, they are, until they start making you miserable. The last couple months have been a flurry of working a full time job, teaching yoga classes, working on my store while at the same time trying to make time for my husband, relax on vacation (yes, I had to try!!) and keep our home looking good. Over the last couple days, i've begun to realize that having a successful career, owning the perfect credenza, being a relaxed yogi, a perfect sewer, and a loving wife is driving me crazy! I stumbled upon this article which actually really helped. Like the author says, "the quest for perfection is exhausting and unrelenting". However, like so many things that are not great for us, it seems hard to relax into ourselves, imperfections and all. 

Photo unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment