Sunday, July 17, 2011

The last three days...

Oh man what an amazing weekend. My Mom was in town for about three days and we just had such a nice time together. I feel very lucky to have such a close relationship with my Mom. Of course we get into spats and sometimes don't see eye to eye but at the heart of things, we are as close as can be. She always gives me a fresh perspective on things and great advice about what is really important. Thanks for such a great weekend. I love you Mom!!


She got in around 2:00pm and I met her downtown at Union Station. 






Then we took a walk around the beautiful Lurie Garden. The more I go here the more I fall in love. 




Saturday morning when got up early and went to the Green City Market. I was happy to see Growing Home there. They are a urban farm that is doing really great things on the South Side of Chicago.



We then took another amazing walk around the new Nature Boardwalk and the Lincoln Park Zoo.


We made this delicious recipe for dinner. 


And I discovered (everyone already has) Siggi's delicious skyr yogurt! 



I also found myself in my new shoes a lot this weekend. I am IN LOVE. I wore a pair as a kid. I think I like them even better now!

No comments:

Post a Comment