Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Finding the Middle

As most people know...I have always fought with the Midwest. Growing up in Ohio, I always dreamed of going someplace else. I always had a way of convincing myself that anywhere had to be better than where I was.

Moving back to the "middle" after so many years away was hard for me. But now, after four years of being back, I realize it is exactly what I needed. This area of the country can be hard, cold, and sometimes a little down but it also has so much to offer. It is rooted, earthy and real. If you have your eyes and heart open, it will become a great anchor for you.

While I don't think I will live here forever, I get chocked up sometimes thinking about how much I always wanted to get away but how much I needed to be right where I was.





Photos of Sleeping Bear Dunes, National Lakeshore, Michigan

No comments:

Post a Comment